02 September 2013

Dare You to Move – Where Can You Go?

Greetings Dear Reader,

Recently a student told me that no matter where he works he ends up hating his boss.  He explained that eventually he just gets tired of having someone tell him what to do all the time.  After a few questions it became clear that he just did not like working for someone else and that he transferred that resentment to whomever was in charge.

I have long held that when someone keeps having the same problem wherever they go, then they are likely taking those problems with them.  The one thing we take wherever we go is ourselves.  There is no escape.

Since all of our problems with God stem from the tension of our distance from him then moving toward him can diminish that tension.  There is no place to run from who we are and what we need.  I can think easily of people to whom God has given a clear vision of what he desires for them.  Instead they run headlong in the other direction.  They then wonder why they are always dissatisfied with life and the lot they have in it.

Where is anyone going to go to escape from who they are?  One cannot.  If I hope to have a life that is free of this frustration I must give all of who I am to Christ.  I must let him re-sculpt and recreate me.  I must not deny the fallen nature I carry within.  There is no escape from it outside of Christ.

The tension is only relieved through faith and following.  The pain is only eased through the love and grace of Christ.  The only way out is through.  Moving away from Christ or simply standing still are guaranteeing more pain.  Redemption has stories to tell.  I play my true part in the story as a follow Christ.  I dare you to move

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment