22 September 2013

Social Media – Politics

Greetings Dear Reader,

I value greatly that mediums exist for the free exchange of ideas regarding things like politics.  I also have come to see that most political interaction is social media is mean spirited and lacks true information.

It is so easy to snipe at others.  It is empty and causes division where there should be work toward unity.  Putting the facts out there is good and productive.  Putting good information where others can see it is vital. Using a public forum to malign and character assassinate is wrong.

When we employ only pejorative comments we do not aid in honest thoughtful decisions regarding political issues.  Instead we raise the tension between others and create conflict.  As a Christ follower I am to promote peace and unity.  This is not possible if I am engaged in insults over issues. 

I must assure that any political interaction I have is based on my obligation to work for the good of everyone.  There is no political party that does this well.  I cannot align with anything that does not work toward peace and unity.  I also must not compromise my faith in order be politically correct. 

The use of social media in the political arena has value.  I must assure that any involvement of mine is centered on my obligations to Christ and his commands.  Anything else is a failure on my part to follow.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment