13 September 2013

On Sin – Hatred

Greetings Dear Reader,

We hate things.  We do not even need to practice it.  We can hate things without trying.  We commonly say that we “hate” this or that.  It is just as abused as our statements about loving things. 

Something I am supposed to hate is sin.  Unfortunately we fail to hate the things we should and instead hate people.  We created enemies because we fail to forgive and show grace.  We decide we want something a certain way and when we do not get it we get angry at others.  We do not discard our resentment and it builds. 

We transfer our anger and dislike to people.  We reject people based on our wants and standards instead of refusing to see them as God sees them.  We judge, malign, and condemn.  We justify our dislike based on our own standards instead of seeing our sin in rejecting others based on God’s standards.

We hate. We do not love enough.  I must assure that I do not hate anyone.  I must assure that I do not allow others to act in hateful ways.  I must balance setting healthy boundaries for myself whilst doing all that I can to show love and grace to others.  The only thing I am allowed to hate is that which is wrong.  I may not hate the one doing the wrong.  It really is that simple.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment