06 September 2013

Slow Down Son

Greetings Dear Reader,

I must have heard this from my Grandfather fifteen million times whenever we went somewhere together.  He would kindly say, “Slow down son, you are missing the world.”  I was all energy and hurry back then. 

This week I took a spill and injured my knee.  I had great plans for the weekend and all of them are off whilst I immobilize the knee until the bruising subsides.  I spent last evening grumbling about having to cancel my plans and pondering how “unfair” it was. 

It was if my beloved Grandfather were in the room.  I heard his voice saying, “Slow down Son; just slow down.”  I was not on any medication and I have not gone mad enough to have auditory hallucinations yet.  So I listened. 

I had forgotten that when things happen that immobilize me there is a purpose.  I had fallen into the mindset of wanting things my way.  As I ponder this I realize that I can use the “down” time to care for some things that I need to care for at home.  I can also use it to meditate on the truth that God has a purpose for everything he allows in my life.

There are no moments where the path is not clear to God.  There are no “accidents” for those who follow Christ.  As much as I want to go out this evening and go to the event I was going to tomorrow I want to learn what Christ has for me more.  Sometimes sitting and healing is part of the journey.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6/9/13 09:31

    YOU ARE SO BLESSED TO HAVE HAD SAM IN YOUR
    LIFE TO GUIDE AND MENTOR YOU.
    I WISH, AS A LONELY CHILD, I HAD BEEN SO BLESSED WITH SUCH A PERSON

    ReplyDelete