28 September 2013

Social Media – Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

I think that the answer here is little different from anything else.  It increases the circle of who is my neighbor if I participate.  It does not change that I am required to love God and my neighbor in all that I do.  It does not remove the requirement for me to love my enemy. 

I am accountable for every idle word I speak.  I am required to capture every thought and submit it to Christ.  What I post, like, or share matters greatly.  Everything I do on any social media will reflect who I am as a Christ follower.  If I hope to honor Christ I must be vigilant concerning this.

When I post it must be kind and loving.  When I share I must consider the source and if I wish to support it.  When I comment I must love the person and show my compassion.  I must not judge, condemn, or hate anyone.  I can oppose positions and viewpoints but I must assure that I do that with love and respect.

There are no secular issues for me.  Everything I do must be centered on my journey with Christ.  Social media is no different.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment