16 September 2013

Guardians of Forever

Greetings Dear Reader,

If I were forced to choose my favorite episode of the original Star Trek series it would be episode #25, “The City on the Edge of Forever.”  It originally aired on April 6, 1967.  I was seven.  It enthralled me at a very young age with the idea of someone standing guardian over time and history.  I would not learn about the sovereignty of God for another ten years.

As I have been pondering my journey to and with Christ I have often been drawn back to thoughts I have long held about this episode of my favorite TV show.  I have always wanted to travel the stars and see what is “out there.”  I have longed to be the captain of a star ship.  I want there to be other planets inhabited by amazing life forms. 

I realize that this is not something that will become a reality for me but it is also a dream I will never release. In some ways I get to be more of an influence than my childhood hero.  Every time I do what is right in following Christ or influence someone else to see Christ for who he is I get to impact eternity.

I do not claim to have a clear understanding of what comes next.  I know it is better than I can imagine and I know that Christ is at the center of it.  I also know it is eternal.  All that I do here figures into it in some way.  I think that if I knew it all I could not process it.  I do know this, that in a small way my part in the story makes me a guardian of forever.  

When I act in faith I am influencing eternity.  When I act outside of faith I am doing the same.  Every choice echoes throughout the cosmos to show that even in my insignificance I make an eternal difference.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment