26 September 2013

Social Media – Reconnecting

Greetings Dear Reader,

I know that it has taken me a bit to get to the positive aspects of social media.  I have been anxious to talk about this part of it.  Through the use of social media re-connections to long lost friends has been possible.  Family events when family has been far away have been sharable.  Much of what I would miss is available right at my desk. 

The benefits of these venues have enriched my life in excellent ways.  I still find friends that were relegated to the past with little hope of recovering them.  I am able to plan a gathering with very little fuss on the invitation side.  Even friends I do not get to see often are able to share their interests, life events, and needs no matter where they are.

What I must assure is that this readily available information does not make me callous or complacent.  I am still accountable for what I know and what I am given.  I must assure that I do not allow the constant social news feed to keep me from seeing the needs of those doing the posting.  I must not get sucked in to things that are none of my concern.  I must use all that I take in as fodder for my prayer and care of others.

I am thankful for this modern venue.  I am better off for it.  I will continue to use it to keep up with those I love.  I will also assure that I do not use it to hurt of disrespect anyone.  For those of you who know me and have lost track; I am right here waiting to hear from you.  The call, after all is to community.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment