24 September 2013

Social Media – Religion

Greetings Dear Reader,

Since this is an area on which I have much to say it is noteworthy that I rarely get involved in discussion on the matter in social media.  I post my blog and write my books.  I have opinions on almost everything when it comes to this issue.  I read, I study, and I think.  I pray and I try to follow.

What I do not do is get into arguments about God and faith.  What I refuse to do is publicly insult or ridicule others.  It seems that so many of those who demand tolerance of things do not have any for my faith. 
 
I so often see things from people who are my friends that are insulting and unkind concerning my faith.  They are not directed at me.  They are, however, directed at the God I love and endeavor to serve. 

So much of what others say about religion on social media is either a rant or an angry attack.  This is useless.  There is nothing to be gained by anyone in spewing hatred or unkindness.  I refuse to engage in this and find that even though I have become used to it from others they have no concept of the impact it has on those who have faith.

I want to be clear that I see both those of my faith and those outside of it as guilty of this.  I am ashamed when those who follow Christ demean those who do not in any way.  I am to speak the truth in love.  I am not to insult or downgrade anyone.  I am to speak of my hope with humility.

I wonder if Christ followers would be perceived differently if they would stay out of the arguments and insults.  I wonder if they would gain more respect if their words were kind and loving.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment