18 September 2013

Those Beyond My Horizon – Missing Students

Greetings Dear Reader,

As each new quarter begins I ponder those who have passed through my classrooms.  There are always those students who grasp your heart but for one reason or another do not complete the process.

Students drop out sometimes.  They give up on the dream that brought to my program and move on to other things.  These students haunt me.  I wonder how their lives are unfolding.  I wonder if I could have done more for them. 

I know for sure that there are lives I get to change.  I also know I see the things that dissatisfy my struggling students claw at them.  It amazes me how friends and family will oppose people trying to make better lives for themselves and their families.  Workplaces will not be flexible in scheduling.  How can one not be supportive of someone trying to gain education toward a career?

Even as I write this the faces of men and women who had a vision of what they could become dance through my mind.  I want everyone to have a better life.  If my program is not what is right for them I am alright with that.  If, however, it is the path to a rich and more rewarding life I want each one to succeed.

In light of this I must be vigilant as to the needs of those I teach.  I must always see them in light of the trust and time they invest with me.  I must care for them and be wise.  I must do all that I can to reflect Christ to them so that they can find hope.  Even if I never get to directly speak words of life into their souls I must use love and kindness to till the soil so that someone can.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment