12 September 2013

On Sin – Comparing Sin

Greetings Dear Reader,

I realize that I have spoken of this before.  It bears repeating even if the only one who listens is me.  Too often I find my attention engaged in the severity of another’s sin as compared to mine.

Sin is sin. We do not need to define the word “is” here.   As we covered earlier sin is anything that is not in line with the nature of God.  Any attempt of mine to measure how far out of alignment someone else is only distracts me from seeing my own misalignment. 

I have to focus on my own realignment and hope that the effort becomes a good example for others.  There is not sin greater than mine when considering my relationship with God.  If I focus on my own following then I will not have time to prognosticate on the sins of others. 

The trick is that this is true for everyone.  I cannot measure someone else in his or her success or failure at not comparing sin.  I can say that every moment focused on someone else’s sin is a moment lost in dealing with one’s own sin.

Every moment I must focus on the following.  God will deal with me and he will deal with others.  He will show me my sin and give me the grace to overcome it if I am willing. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn

Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store."

No comments:

Post a Comment