01 November 2018

The Deathly Hallows ~ All Saints Day


Greetings Dear Reader,

I think that we all understand the power that is held in unity.  When we act in concert we can harness far more power and effectiveness than when we strive alone.  Humans moving in harmony are able to accomplish what seems impossible.

Please remember that the questions I ask are so that I can examine my heart, mind, and motivations in following Christ.  I am never trying to judge others or make anyone feel guilty.  That does not mean that there will not be genuine guilt in our short-comings relative to following Christ.

We are supposed to be united, serving, and following as one in Christ.  This day is the day that we honor all saints.  We are far better at division than unity.  We are more skilled at shooting our wounded than at restoration and healing.  The idea of being one in Christ is very far from our reality.

The entire idea of following Christ, of honoring the others who share our faith is that we be united in love that heals, restores, and encourages.  As we turn toward the seasons of gratitude and giving it is the bond of Christ that must unite us if we are to celebrate fully.  Food and things are not what matter.  Love, gratitude, compassion, and generosity are what can unite us into an unstoppable force. 

Even though practically, materially I feel that I have nothing, I am given the indestructible love of God.  That is my foundation.  That is my barrier-crushing weapon.  Everyone who follows Christ should be my target.  Everyone who does not should be my mission based on love, not judgment.  They are to be the earthly objects of my affection and value.  If I put any item or cause above loving others then I violate the purpose of all saints.  I transgress the foundation that makes all other following possible.

So to all of you I confess my love and my imperfections in showing it.  I acknowledge that I do not show you love as well as I should but I want to become better at it daily.  Thank you for journeying with me Dear Reader.  I love you more than you know.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook      Google +   
Twitter            Medium    

No comments:

Post a Comment