15 February 2019

Desperado ~ Closing Thoughts: Let Somebody Love You



“It may be rainin', but there's a rainbow above you,
You better let somebody love you (let somebody love you)
You better let somebody love you
Before it's too late.”

We have ridden a long way out here together.  Sometimes we make progress and other times we seem to move backwards.  We each carry pain that we do not share and often refuse to acknowledge.  We resist love.  The ways in which we do it vary.


We will refuse to let others serve us.  We are always “doing great.”  Our hard hearts drive us to search for the love we need in so many wrong and dangerous ways.  We harm ourselves and others.  We become harder and isolated. 

It is a process from which we can recover if we choose to do so.  We refuse to let others love us because they do not show love in the way we wish for them to show it.  Someone does not meet our standard so we withhold our love from them and we reject their efforts to love us.  It is enough if we realize that someone else is taking the risk to love us.  I say risk because every time we offer love to someone, we risk rejection.

All of this stems from our basic lack of understanding the foundational nature of the Father’s love for us.   We do not need to change or do anything for God to love us.  Rather, it is offered to us in every moment and the evidence of it is all around us.  It is in choose to accept and return that love that we make the turn toward home. 

I need to let God love me enough to be willing to love others.  I need to see that the love others show me is sufficient in what it is.  The idea of love from the Father seems foreign to us because of our need for it being so desperate.  People live what they have known.  They cannot know real love without the Father. 

I saw real love as young boy but then it was ripped away from me.  I then lived for years yearning for the love and becoming hard to anyone who did not show it to me.  I am just now learning to allow myself to be really loved again.  I am just starting to get the idea of how to go deeper in my love for others.

Consider this for a moment Dear Reader:  Desperados are desperate.  They have reached the point where the pain and hunger for love has driven them to the edge.  They become depressed, angry, and enamored of their hard hearts to the extent that they seem hard to love.  It is in this that I need to show them love the most. 

I may not be able or aware of how you need to be loved.  That does not mean that I do not love you.  I do, however, want to learn.  I want to love you and see your needs.  Please do not assume that I get it.  I usually do not.  I do love you Dear Reader.  I always will.  I cannot always show it well because of my own failures and my own hard places in my heart.  We could agree that we are going to love each other and learn to show it better. 

It is time for me to move along home.  My feet are weary and the road is still long.  It is the Father’s love that will sustain me.  I will always keep a seat by the fire for you and welcome your tales of the road.  I hope that mine with all their odd thoughts and complex questions show you that I love you.  Please, if you must reject my love for you, let somebody love you before it is too late.

Desperado – The Eagles

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
You been out ridin' fences for so long now
Oh, you're a hard one
But I know that you got your reasons
These things that are pleasin' you
Can hurt you somehow

Don't you draw the Queen of Diamonds, boy
She'll beat you if she's able
You know the Queen of Hearts is always your best bet
Now, it seems to me some fine things
Have been laid upon your table
But you only want the ones that you can't get

Desperado, oh, you ain't gettin' no younger
Your pain and your hunger, they're drivin' you home
And freedom, oh freedom, well that's just some people talkin'
Your prison is walking through this world all alone

Don't your feet get cold in the winter time?
The sky won't snow and the sun won't shine
It's hard to tell the night time from the day
You're losin' all your highs and lows
Ain't it funny how the feeling goes away?

Desperado, why don't you come to your senses?
Come down from your fences, open the gate
It may be rainin', but there's a rainbow above you
You better let somebody love you (let somebody love you)
You better let somebody love you
Before it's too late
Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Twitter            
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   


No comments:

Post a Comment