27 February 2019

Whatever! ~ is True


Greetings Dear Reader,

I was not trying to be cryptic yesterday but I always like to save the thunder for the actual day of the storm.  The whatever to which I refer is that of a series of “whatevers” written by Paul.  The gist of what he says is to motivate us to think on things that are positive and healthy.

He lists this series of things and says, “think about such things.”  We are supposed to ponder things that enhance our ability to love and follow Christ.  It is in this pondering that we can learn to live out the things that are vital to success in that following.

Whatever things are true, we must think on them.  It is our obligation to take away from our following all the things that are not true to who Christ is.  We add so much baggage to what it means to be a Christ follower that we make it hard for people to wish to follow with us.  We become more like the Pharisees every time we add rules or barriers to our faith.

All of the things we do as followers need to be true.  I know that I have failed at this and when I speak of things that are not true to following Christ I should not be surprised when my detractors respond with, “whatever”.   I must assure them that when I speak of Christ and his love for us that I am representing the truth.

It is in that truth that I can find the place to show love that is unconditional and empty of demands. Whatever things are true must be part of our thoughts in order to speak the truth in love.  So that leads to the question, Dear Reader, what are the essential truths of Following Christ?   Feel free to discuss.  I will get to that tomorrow.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment