28 February 2019

Whatever! ~ Essential Truths

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday I asked what the essential truths of following Christ might be for us.  The idea of this answer is daunting to me.  It is not because I do not know what I think.  It is, rather, that I realize the importance of the answer.  I understand the import of what I am about to say.

The answer is simple but also very complex.  I must begin with the basics.  I will; also try to give my simple answers in the order that I think they must occur.  I have spent many hours pondering this and the more I learn the more I see that it is the simplicity of it that is essential to understanding it.

First and foremost in following is faith.  If it is not done in faith it is wrong.  If we follow in faith then we are promised the power to do whatever is needed to follow.  We are promised that we will be able to do great things and endure what we must.  If we are to be just, we must live by faith.

The second, and only second because faith is necessary to accomplish it is love.  We must love the Father with all our mind, soul, heart, and strength.  This is impossible without faith.  It is love, however, that is the foundation to all that we try to be as Christ followers.  It is the Father’s love for us that insists that we love each other as well.

The essential truth upon which we must build everything else is our love for the Father and each other.  When we do this everything good becomes possible. Love becomes the engine that powers all our other thinking and efforts.  It is love that is the essential truth.

This is why I have committed this year to ponder how to love more deeply, selflessly, and purely.   It is from this truth that all other truths proceed.  It is on this essential truth about God that all others are built. No matter what anyone says or suggests, if you do not see the love of God in it, question it, Dear Reader.

I am going to fail at loving you sometimes.  I will, however, keep trying to love you better and more honestly.  It is never love that fails.  It is humans.  What other essential truths do you consider vital Dear Reader?  How do you think about them?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   
This BLOG:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/  

No comments:

Post a Comment