25 February 2019

Hobbits ~ Into the West (Closing Thoughts)


Greetings Dear Reader,

After a brief review of the topics I had jotted down to ponder in this part of our journey, I realized that even though I could discuss this for weeks you may not wish to do so.  There are also other ponderings weighing on my spirit and mind.  I want to draw out a few things that I wish to carry into the west.

I would not want you to think that I see Hobbits as flawless.  Even the noblest of us has flaws.  We have much to learn from these wee folk that translates readily to life.  We are on this journey that we did not choose but was chosen for us.  We, like Bilbo, landed in the middle of a story filled with danger and wonder.

We have the opportunity to learn from the success and failure of others.  We can grow to understand that love can lead us in many directions and on many adventures.  Without love, however, those journeys become unbearable.  If we love the wrong things they become dangerous and harmful. 

Bilbo and the other Hobbits love their home and people.  Their adventures benefit the whole of their people and by extension all people of their world.  They set out the door from their cozy Hobbit hole into the wide unknown.  All that they carry to begin with is a determination to follow where the path leads. 

Our call is really that simple.  Our adventure lies so far beyond our understanding as we pursue it.  We are not even always sure about what is around the next bend.  We do have the power to pursue all that we must if we do so in love.  We can endure the goblins, spiders, and dragons if it means that we have the opportunity to show our love to our fellow travelers.

Ultimately though, our adventure will turn to that unknown path to that Undiscovered Country.  We will eventually pass into the West and our adventure here will end.  Only our choices to love and be loved will endure.  Only the love we carry here will pass beyond that horizon with us.  We are given great stories like this one to remind us that even the best thing here is fleeting and temporary.

You, Dear Reader, are part of what I will take with me.  I will love you with every word I type and try to find ways to show it from my meager resources to do so.  Please find your courage to love others at any cost.  It is the price of peace and joy in our journey together.  Even the darkest days can be lighted with the love we carry if we choose it.

As I turn toward the next road I will take, I notice that each turn nudges me westward.  I hope to share a few more tales before the ship comes for me.  In the meantime, I will continue to try to hone my skill at showing you the love that we have from Christ and urging you to follow him with me.

Into the West - CamillasChoice

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
The night is falling
You have come to journey's end

Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Why do you weep?
What are these tears upon your face?
Soon you will see
All of your fears will pass away
Safe in my arms
You're only sleeping

What can you see
On the horizon?
Why do the white gulls call?
Across the sea
A pale moon rises
The ships have come to carry you home

And all will turn
To silver glass
A light on the water
All Souls pass

Hope fades
Into the world of night
Through shadows falling
Out of memory and time

Don't say
We have come now to the end
White shores are calling
You and I will meet again

And you'll be here in my arms
Just sleeping
And all will turn
To silver glass
A light on the water
Grey ships pass
Into the West

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment