17 February 2019

Hobbits ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

“My dear Frodo!’ exclaimed Gandalf. ‘Hobbits really are amazing creatures, as I have said before. You can learn all that there is to know about their ways in a month, and yet after a hundred years they can still surprise you at a pinch.”  ― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

If you have not read Tolkien then I must say that your life lacks a richness I wish it to have.  The four novels about Hobbits and the Ring of Power give insight and understanding to living a good life.  I have read these almost every year since I was introduced to them as a boy. 

I have read about novels, seen the movies old and new, and taken classes on the author.  Reading all the notes and other tales by Tolkien is delightful.  It is, however, repeating this journey with Bilbo and then Frodo and his companions that stirs something in me each time I do so.

I find through the years and the journey through these stories informs my journey through reality in important ways each time.  Of note to me is the character of Hobbits.  I think that as Tolkien intended, we can learn much about our journey from theirs.   I am not going to spoil the tale too much for those who have not read it.  I urge you to read them.

I am going to ask the Hobbits to walk with us for a bit.  Their company will help me work through some of the things I need to hone in my journey home.  The Hobbit is a lovely creation.  We are too Dear Reader.  Let learn from them how to better follow the road home.  As always, I treasure your thoughts and questions.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment