05 February 2019


Second Thoughts ~ Transitional Texting

Greetings Dear Reader,

You know that I do not believe in coincidence.  I believe that everything happens for a reason.  Our failures may set things in motion that seem horrible but the Father is the ultimate player of pawns and a universal class counter-puncher.  There is a purpose behind everything.  So, I ask you to walk with me to the end of this I that light.

Due to my lack of income I had to give up my phone in November.   I was unable to afford it again until a few weeks ago.  On January 17th I got a new number as my old one was no longer available.  I had not given this number at that time to anyone but my publisher.  Then on January 23rd, whilst I was observing my morning prayer time the real story began to unfold.

I received this text:

“How is Alyssa?”
My response was, “I am not sure who this is.”
“Is this Herb,” came the reply?
I responded, already praying for Alyssa, “I am not Herb but I am in the midst of my morning prayer time.  I can pray for Alyssa if you wish.”
The reply came, “Sorry and yes please.  She is my niece and had a seizure yesterday and became unresponsive.  They life-flighted her to Atlanta and found that she had a brain bleed.  They did emergency surgery to stop the bleeding and she is in the ICU.  Thank you.”

As the individual texting me continued to explain, she too saw that this was not an accident.  I immediately asked for prayer from the rest of the people at the House of Prayer.  I also shared the story with my small group that evening.  By the end of the day I knew of over thirty people who were praying for this girl I have never met.  I still do not even know her aunt/uncle’s name. 

The update today was that she has had another surgery.  Her mother has not worked since Alyssa went to the hospital.  The family needs our support and prayer.   I asked the aunt/uncle to share the GOFUNDME page with me.  Here is the LINK. 

Please pray for Alyssa.  Please pray for her family.  If you can give to help her family care her that would be great but what she needs most is healing.  Her aunt/uncle and I agree that nothing happens by accident.  There is a Divine purpose at work here and I am honored to be a backstage part of it.  I will keep you posted Dear Reader.  Please feel free to share this.  It matters.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment