20 February 2019

Hobbits ~ Hidden


Greetings Dear Reader,

In explaining why we no longer see Hobbits, Tolkien provides that they are good at hiding in the first place.  It is also noted that they are stealthy and light on their feet when they wish to be and that humans would hardly notice them anyway.  It is even implied that they may be hidden from us.

Much of the unexpected goodness of Hobbits comes from hidden character and courage that even they may not realize they possess until the moment.  They do not hide that they are good but they also possess a quiet humility that causes them to be unnoticed.  In the moment, though, they shine.

We are to be both hidden and visible all at once.  I do not wish fame as a writer.  I wish to be loyal to my gifts and the One who gave them to me.  I would prefer to make a difference quietly and steadily from the efforts I put forth in faith.  I do want to stand in front or lead.  I want to quietly do my part in encouraging others along the way.

We are to be visible because of our kindness, goodness, and generosity.  Even those, though, should hide us or help us fade and make Christ visible.  If I constantly work at decreasing my visibility and increasing his, then I can be hidden in the right way.  I can obtain that place of loving invisibly that places Jesus at the front and allows me to follow. 

If I hide in the right ways and none of the wrong ones, I can encourage and aid fellow travelers.  I can also find more richness in the journey.  I can enjoy the simple pleasure derived from being good to others and watching them see Christ in what I do.  In developing that habit is great joy Dear Reader. 

I am not there yet.  I have many things to shed before my feet are light enough not to tread on toes and sometimes hinder others.  I do, however, intend to keep moving in that direction.  You are always welcome with me.  Together we can help each other disappear until only Christ is seen and perhaps occasionally our Cheshire smile is there to remind others of our love for them. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment