16 February 2019

When God DOES NOT “Show Up”...


Greetings Dear Reader,

I ponder odd things at times.  If you have not noticed this then you re not paying attention.  Please note that as I discuss this, I am not mocking anyone.  Rather, I am trying to refine my own thinking on a matter that, well, matters.

One of the things in which Christ followers engage is the use of language that personifies God in ways that are far too human.  I hear often from the church that I currently attend the phrase “God really showed up” when there is great response to the sermon or the invitation.  Again, it is not the response that I question, rather, it is the language we use.

An omnipresent God does not “show up”.  He is there.  He is always there with us.  There is no place where the Father is not.  We know this but do we believe it?  Do we show our lack of belief in the phrases we use?

For me is seems that I want to think of things differently.  I want to think that I was more aware of God’s presence in the moment than that he was more present.  I want to live in every moment remembering that I can find Christ in that moment if I choose to do so.  If I begin to allow any other thinking then I am headed down a dangerous path that is too easy to follow. 

God does not show up. He already everywhere and every when. It is never whether or not God shows up. It is whether or not we are willing to have eyes to see. He rarely forces himself on us.  It is not possible to follow if I do not acknowledge the presence of the One I follow.  It is not seeing that leads but believing.  I understand that we need to find ways to express how we interact with God.  For me, it must always be in a way that recognizes who he is and allows no room for misunderstanding. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a home owner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

1 comment: