26 February 2019

Whatever! ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I ponder how often we have heard or seen the raised hand, palm outward, and someone rolling their eyes whilst expressing “whatever.”  It has become a meme in our society.  It expresses many things depending on the context.

I came across the use of the term in a way that I had not before.  Mostly because the word was used in an ancient text and translated into English as “whatsoever”.  The primary definitions of both words are intended to express a lack of restriction.  The expression is designed to indicate a lack of boundaries.  In common use as I referenced earlier, it signifies indifference and a lack of engagement. 

I was struck when I read this series of uses of “whatever” by the way the word removed the bounds of limitation on the terms associated with it.  In the same way, it also demanded that one not be indifferent to the terms supported by “whatever”: in any degree. 

As we walk into the season with spring on the horizon my mind turns toward life and the renewal of the world.  I frame this list of “whatever” and its nouns and verbs in the renewal of life and wonder how I can do them without limit.  I am not trying to be cryptic but I also want to unfold this instead of laying it all out at once.  It is in this moment that we have the opportunity to take the limitations off of some amazing things.

As we walk, I hope that you enjoy the unfolding of this series of opportunities.  As always, I ponder them to enrich my journey and hopefully yours as well.  Whatever the cost, I think that we can benefit from discussing this as we journey HOME.  I treasure your thoughts and questions as we do so.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment