19 February 2019

Hobbits ~ Surprising


Greetings Dear Reader,

I mentioned when I began this on Sunday that Hobbits will surprise you.  As we wander through their stories, we see this often.  They have surprising fortitude, strength, and courage.  They do the unexpected good thing.

In trying to avoid spoiling the tale too much for those who have not read it, I will say but this about it:  The Hobbits we get to know along the way choose to keep going when we would expect such a simple folk to quit.  They do the thing that must be done when it is called for.

We have no reason not to be the same.  We have no honest excuse not to have surprising faith, fortitude, strength, and courage.  We can honestly endure anything necessary for the sake of following Christ in love, kindness, and redemption.  We should surprise others with our level of compassion, generosity, and goodness.

It is necessary that I become surprising in my faith and following.  I must do good when it is not expected.  I must forgive and love when it not deserved or necessary.  It is to be a mark of my faith that I treat others well.  It is vital that I become surprisingly good.

I have so far to go but I wish to get there.  That journey is a long one.  That I am what gets in the way is obvious.  The habits and comforts that Bilbo loved almost kept him from joining the journey with Thorin.   He decided at the last moment to surprise himself by trying.  We should choose to do the unexpected good thing in every moment Dear Reader.  It is what will lead us on that great adventure we crave.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment