09 March 2019

It is NOT the End of the World ~ But what if it is?

Greetings Dear Reader,

When we encounter the major and minor difficulties of life, we choose our response.  We compare things sometimes to limit the impact of what we are feeling.  When we make great comparisons, they are often used to diffuse the situation instead of engaging with it.  The thought with which I struggle is that sometimes it is the end of the world.

Death and other severe loss can seem like the end of the world.  It can feel like your entire life is being destroyed.  I have seen friends die, go to prison, lose a loved one, and fail at the things that really matter.  It does indeed feel like the world is ending.  It is usually not, but what if it is?

The great pains may change the world as we know it.  They hurt us and sometimes tear us down to the foundation.  Our world may be changed forever in an instant.   We receive news that crumbles our reality and devastates our hearts. The things we love and trust are challenged.  We find out just who we are even if we do not wish to know it. 

Again, I ask, what if it is the end of the world?  Is that not supposed to be what we desire anyway?  Is not our path headed toward this world being restored to goodness and right?  When the things that cannot last are gone that which remains is also that which sustains. 

I think of Job, losing everything in a day including the children he loves.  Devastation visits him in waves and tries to drown him.  Those who are supposed to love and restore him instead of accusing and revile him.  He becomes sick.  He sits down in the ashes of his life, refusing to blame God for his ills; refusing to lose faith.

We are all waiting for God, Dear Reader.  Even if we do not admit it, we are on a journey to the end of the world as we know it.  It gets better and even in the darkest deadliest times, there is hope.  The things that seem like the end of the world, large or small, are part of what is used to get us there.  We do not have to ignore the pain but we can see that even the horrors have light beyond their vile shadows.  You cannot have shadows if there is no light.

I know you carry pain and sorrow Dear Reader.  I know that I have caused this for others.  I love you and work daily to be better than I was.  At the end of all things we will be at peace with all that has gone before, so, why not practice being at peace with it and with each other now?   I am willing whether you are or not.  We can talk about it as we journey together.  No matter what you are going through, I value your company and conversation.

This is the Stuff – Francesca Battistelli

I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'cause I can't find my phone

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

Forty-five in a thirty-five
Sirens and fines while I'm running behind
Whoa

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use…

…To break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world
Oh Oh Oh
This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff
Someone save me
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
And I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use
Oh oh oh oh
This is the stuff You use

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)


Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   


No comments:

Post a Comment