15 March 2019

Questions God Will Never Ask ~ Feels

Greetings Dear Reader,

I have written several times about feelings over the last few years.  One of the things which we fail to do is to allow our feelings to live and then allow them to die.  We do not use our feelings to help us learn how to be our better selves.

Whilst I am not going to dwell on any one feeling, I do wish to process how our feelings evolve into automatic learned responses.  I think of my feelings as rain gauges for emotion.  I think a thought and it produces a feeling.  The more often that thought reigns in my mind the more that feeling saturates my life. 

The process goes like this:  Something happens. I think about that event.  Those thoughts trigger an emotion.  I choose an action based on that emotion.  There is now another event that occurs because I acted and the cycle begins again.  What we fail to grasp is even though we do it at a very base level we choose how we feel.  We choose how we respond.

This is why we are supposed to bring every thought we have under our control.  We are not to create a process of instant learned negative emotions in our lives, but we do.  We train our minds that when certain events occur, we will have a certain emotional response.  “If he leaves his socks on the floor one more time…”  We have chosen anger in the future with this thought.  We choose thoughts that are not healthy and wed them to our darker emotions.

It is not wrong to feel anger, sadness, or hurt.  It is always wrong to extend the life of feelings that are not good for us.  It is always allowable to feel things but we must never allow our feelings to control us.  God will never ask us why we felt how we did.  He may ask us why we thought our way to certain feelings.  This is never anyone’s choice but our own.

Everything is subject to our thoughts about it.  I think my way into love and hate, peace and anger, sorrow and joy.  None of those feelings are wrong but there may be wrong thoughts that lead me there.  My failure to see non-emotional love as the key to controlling all of my thinking may lead to thought patterns that spawn waves of emotion that are unhealthy for me.  They, in turn, become unhealthy for others. 

It is in the handling of our feelings that we decided how we will treat others.  If I forgive you, I will not love you properly.  If I cling to grief, I will not develop true joy in my journey.  My choice to fear things will keep me from exploring deeper faith.  Anger, fear, sorrow, and all other negative emotions are allowed to live but not have a long lease or permanent purchase in my life.   It is in this that we find the way home Dear Reader.  It is love that casts out the negative feelings by serving as the foundation for all of our thinking. 

The non-emotional love that is unconditional and eternal will guide us into mastering our feelings so that the harmful ones are short lived and those focused on Christ resolve into tendrils of genuine love.  That, Dear Reader makes me feel great joy.  How about you?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment