30 March 2019

Out of the Silent Planet

Greetings Dear Reader,

“And how could we endure to live and let time pass if we were always crying for one day or one year to come back--if we did not know that every day in a life fills the whole life with expectation and memory and that these are that day?”
― C.S. Lewis, Out of the Silent Planet

As I travel this morning, my mind is on the stars.  I am headed to them in a way and will also be back again.  I have been rereading the Space Trilogy by CS Lewis.  It strikes me how deeply its lessons echo in our current culture.

We remain prisoners of our past in far too many ways.   We hold on to past anger, pain, loss, and wrongs as if they serve us in some way.  We make them our present when they belong to that which is gone beyond reclamation.  They, therefore, devour our present and fill it with longing and regret.  Instead, we could be filling the moment, the day, and the life we have with things that are good and whole.

I have always wanted to be on the journey outward and onward.  I have too long put maintaining a semblance of something past ahead of the journey into the moment that is next, into the life that is intended for us all.  The cost of living in the past is stagnation and death.  We leave this silent planet for an undiscovered country whether we wish it or not.

I have chosen that it is better to use each moment to prepare for being there instead of trying to recreate moments that belong to the past and only their memory and lessons belong to me.  Attempting to cling to the past cause tension as I am dragged further into the future via the present.  As I journey, I pray to become better at living in this moment.

It is in this that I can find the freedom I need to be a better man, a better friend, and a better faithful follower.   I must give account for some of the failures of my past, but there is little else that I can do.   I can ask forgiveness, seek to understand how others feel and make amends where I am allowed.  I cannot stay and debate or defend.  The Captain is calling and it is time to get back on the road Dear Reader.  I hope you continue to journey with me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment