24 March 2019

Where Turns the Heart ~ Rejection

Greetings Dear Reader,

We reject people.  We all do it at some point in some way.  When we decide that people do not meet the standards we have set, then we reject them.

It may not be obvious or overt.  It may be that we stop inviting someone over.  It could be that we exclude an individual from the group casually.  We may stop being available or interacting with someone.  We might decide we need more “me” time and a break from someone.

Then there is the extreme where we ghost an individual without a word.  We stop responding and justify our behavior based on their faults.  We also just tell people we no longer wish to speak to him or her.  We find many ways to reject others and all of them are unhealthy for our heart.  All of the times we reject someone else we have handed our heart in some way.

I am not saying that not wanting to date someone or not becoming best friends with someone is rejection.  It is the failure to still love and respect that individual that is rejection.  It is saying you will remain friends and not following through that is rejection.  None of us can sustain relationships with everyone.  We are, however, required to love everyone.

When our hearts turn to reject humans, we are also rejecting the Father because we are dismissing his command for us to love everyone.  There are people who impact us negatively but we still must love them.  Persons who we dislike, however, must be considered in light of why we dislike them.  If the reason is selfish, then we must ponder it carefully.  We must be aware of our actions toward others in relation to our acceptance of them.

Everyone is worthy of my kindness and love.  Every life has something to inform mine and I must show that I value every life.  I must not hold anything against someone.  I must not make it easy on myself by thinking I can be neutral or not care.  I must actively love everyone.  I must love others at any cost.  I will love you Dear Reader and I hope to together we can learn to show that love to others.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment