19 March 2019

Where Turns the Heart ~ Opening Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

Later this week I will be traveling for a bit.  I face a long journey with a heart very different than the one with which I arrived here.  I still have far to travel internally and much to learn.  There has been a great reset, however, that has me asking about where my heart turns when confronted with things that are spiritual and interpersonal.

In the quest to have a heart that seeks to love others above my wants and plans, I have had to own some responses that do not fit with that kind of heart.  We train our minds to respond to things.  Whether due to trauma, injustice, or many other real hurts, we develop responses of the heart. 

Some of these responses serve as a shield.  They are a barrier that we call a boundary.  A dear friend talks about our walls being our safe boundaries.  I think there is an error in the reasoning here that I will address later in this part of the journey.  What I do want to point out is that we have become experts at building justifiable barriers that supposedly guard our hearts. 

Where does your heart turn when you face pain, hurt, suffering?   What is the muscle memory you have developed for the times when you feel you need protection?  As I prepare myself for a journey, I must prepare my heart for responses that are focused on who I am to be not what I was.

Please walk with me Dear Reader.  I value your thoughts and questions as I attempt to navigate a long journey fraught with opportunities and challenges.  It will be my first marathon after a long stay from them.  As always, your company will make the journey richer.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment