27 March 2019

Where Turns the Heart ~ Hope

Greetings Dear Reader,

Today is one of those painful days.  It is one where the reverberance of sorrow and loss tear at the heart and where all the other pains of life seem amplified.  I cannot sequester myself away and indulge in a day of quiet as I would like.  My other obligations are still there and demand their due.

Where then does my heart turn today?  How do I walk through loss remembered that left so much damage and so much pain in its wake?  I return to the hard deck.  I return to the bottom ground of my pain and look for Christ in the moment.  I look for his love and consider why it matters in this remembrance. 

The love of Christ and the journey back to good must be understood in the overall and not just in the event.  I want to carry constant sorrow and develop my pain and loss as a banner.  I also want to see the love of Christ in the loss and turn my heart toward hope.  I will choose each year.  I will succeed or fail. 

In the turning of the heart here is the choice of hope.  Do I choose to hope in Christ or do I choose to despair in my loss?  What is the choice that focuses on love?  What is the choice that affirms my faith and following?

If I do not choose hope then I am not following in love and faith.  It does not mean that my pain and loss are not real.  It does not mean that my heart is less tender over the loss.  It means that I understand that getting back to good sometimes requires that which is not good right now.  My hope in the restoration of good must see this.  My faith in the love of Christ must guide me Dear Reader.

My heart feels the pain but it turns to hope.   It beats with sorrow but knows there is love and a fellow-traveler in my sorrow.  “The man of all sorrows, he never forgot, the burden that is carried by heats that he bought.”  I will walk more quietly today but I will be here if you need me. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment