03 March 2019

Whatever! ~ Pure


Greetings Dear Reader,

“Pure” is another word for which we may not have a clear definition without purposely pondering it.  It may be because there are few things in our society that are pure.  Let us then ponder pure:


not mixed or adulterated with any other substance or material. - "cars can run on pure alcohol" - synonyms: unmixed, unalloyed, unadulterated, unblended, uncontaminated, sterling, solid, refined, one hundred percent:
without any extraneous and unnecessary elements. - "the romantic notion of pure art devoid of social responsibility"
free of any contamination. - "the pure, clear waters of Montana"
synonyms: clean, clear, fresh, crisp, refreshing, sparkling, unpolluted, untainted, unadulterated, uncontaminated

Again, we have to put into context what we are to consider when thinking of purity.  It is not putting things into a moral framework that we impose on others.  It is not demanding that someone live up to standards that we create for others so that we can feel that they are doing what is right.  It is thinking without adulteration about that which is true, noble, and right. 

As we wade through this progression, we see that if love is the foundation of truth, nobility, and right then it must also be given and experienced with purity.  Pure love means that we love in the moment unconditionally and without expectation. 

In a way that is neither wrong nor impure, my friend Trip jokes about responses to the declaration of love.  He will, in a gruff voice say, “Hey man, I said ‘I love you!’”  The first time he told me about this my immediate thought and response was, “But you said it with an expectation.” 

I want to stress that this was all lighthearted.  Still, we do tell others that we love them with the expectation that they say it back.  That is not pure love.  It is love wrapped in a desire to be reassured of their love for us.  That coin has two sides.

We also withhold the response at times when we are angry or worried that we risk too much in expressing our love for someone.   I am not talking romance here at all.  There are people in my life that I love to the depth of my soul.  Some of them only respond to this declaration when they are not angry or fearful.  Worse, they will express “I love you” with disdain or a timbre of exasperation. 

Purity in love must take on the form of loving someone in the moment without anger from the past or expectations of the future.  It is seeing another individual as worth or your very best in every moment.  It is giving your best, your most pure love to people no matter who they are or what they have done.  It is expressing love to them in words and actions without expecting ANYTHING in return. 

Do we think of how to love others with purity?  It is not easy.  There must be tolerance, acceptance, and selflessness.  There must be the idea that I am going to love you in word and deed no matter how you treat me, no matter what you do, and no matter how you respond to that love.  It may even be that I have to forgive you as you are reviling me, screaming at me, or even rejecting me.  If I am going to love you purely Dear Reader, then none of that can matter. 

It is never that doing wrong and not right is acceptable.  It is not that you can shirk nobility and truth.  It is that even if you do, I am going to love you as deeply and completely as I am able without any expectation of acceptance, compliance, or reciprocation.  I love you, Dear Reader, for you and never for what you have done or what you are expected to do. Whatever you do, you are worthy of love purer than the finest gold.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment