28 March 2019

Where Turns the Heart ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader,

We train our muscles to work for us.  We allow them to atrophy and work against us.  Muscle memory develops with time and application. Our hearts are little different.

The idea is that we as we turn our hearts toward the things that we wish and then it begins to turn there on it own as it has been trained.  I drove a stick shift car for nearly thirty years.  I have had an automatic for almost ten years now.  Whenever I stop suddenly, I still try to depress an absent clutch pedal.

We fail to see that we are training our hearts to turn in a certain direction with every choice.  We apply our hearts to anger, rage, envy, and bitterness.  Then we are surprised when we are unhappy.   Anger too easily becomes our automatic response.  We even say things like, “that always makes me angry,” or “this is my pet peeve.”   We are saying that we are predisposed to anger over things that need not make us angry.  Consider that last thing.  We are keeping as a pet something that makes us unhappy. 

When we train our hearts to love we can easily train our hearts to forgive, be kind, and respond with grace.  It is not always easy and does not always become simple.  It is, however, the path to peace.  It is the way of wisdom.  We are able to apply our hearts to wisdom when we choose to love first then see what needs to be built on that foundation.

I have not mastered this.  I have far to go.  Still, I find myself in circumstances that allow me to exercise my determination to love over everything else. When I choose to love first it becomes easier to set aside what I want over what is needed.  It seems rational to show grace and kindness.  It is simple to see the needs of others in the moment and defer to that.  

It does not take away the pain when others do not practice love first.  It is not my place, however, to judge them or place that expectation on them.   It is my obligation to love them in that moment, own my failings, and trust that all things will be back to good eventually.  When you choose to walk with me in this Dear Reader, I find great joy in the journey.     

As I move on to the next part of the path, I hope that you and I can walk together and learn to apply our hearts to love, grace, and kindness.   I hope we can agree to forgive, show mercy, and grow in humility toward everyone.  We agree that others need love.  I think that in training it is the ideal place to begin.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment