20 March 2019

Where Turns the Heart ~ Anger

Greetings Dear Reader,

Think for a moment about someone with whom you are angry.  Picture the person.  Recall why you are angry.  Review the things that happened and your justifications for your anger.  Ponder how long you have been angry and how long you intend to hold onto it.

Now, you may get angry at me Dear Reader.  You see, if you have just done what I suggested and the time is older than today, I have trapped you.  Anger is a dangerous consuming poison that leaches away life and peace.  We are required as Christ followers to never end the day angry.

Anger is not wrong but it is also supposed to be short-lived.  When our heart turns to anger it does need to be justified.  We need to be sure that it is not our pride or expectations that have led us there.  We must process what caused the anger and determine if we have forgiven, shown grace and mercy, and have an attitude of love toward the other individual. 

I realize that we all think about why our continued anger is justified because of the patterns, repetition, and habits of the focus of our anger.  The difficulty is that none of that justifies continued anger at someone.  It is not OK to stay angry at someone.  If for no other reason than it damages our hearts. 

When we experience hurt, betrayal, or any offense, we do not have to become angry.  We can choose the way of peace.  I am learning to forgive in the moment even if I instantly feel anger.  I am striving to deal with things that used to turn my heart toward anger in a new way. 

I seek to find the path of peace by hearing what others say and seeing what they do in the light of their need as opposed to my own needs and wants.  I will not pretend it is easy but it also is worth the effort.  There are places where I have trained my heart muscle to turn to anger instantly.  The retraining takes intention and work. 

What I would like you to do Dear Reader is join me on this path.  The anger is unhealthy and will eventually betray you.  If we seek peace through love and forgiveness, we can endure so much more than we realize.  I am not suggesting that you stay in dangerous situations or that your anger is never justified.  I am saying that there are two paths you can walk.  There is always a moment to choose the more noble path.  If we walk together, we can help each other along the way.  Your company brings me peace.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment