30 June 2019

Fire Watch with Me ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

As with all watchfires, the watch ends.  Morning mist rolls in from the water sending a chill that draws us back to the fire.  The sun rises and it is time to break camp and journey onward.  We stoke the embers to build enough flame for the morning meal, cast away the night chill, and take some hot coffee.  Conversation of the night’s watch follows and we move back to the journey.

The fire we watch is vital and vibrant.  We stand for so many reasons.  We are here for those who seek a way in.  Our watch is for those who seek to get out as well.  We stand watch for those seeking refuge and the enemies we would turn to allies.  We keep watch with humility and understanding.  We wield kindness and mercy.    We deal in grace.

When we firewatch we invest in the welfare of others.  It is better when we have company but it is also good to do so alone at times.  Others tend fires we know not of and stand sentry for us unaware.  We must at times do the same.  When others are in need it may be our watchfire that draws them.  It may be our willingness to welcome and warm them that gives them hope.  We are all drawn to fire and hearth. It is our obligation to see that we are welcoming to all who approach.

Further, when we must stand watch alone, we must make the most of the opportunity.  Communion with the Father always yields benefit.  We can sit with him at the fire and allow him to work away at us to draw us closer to him.  We can find comfort and solace when needed.  We can stand watch and rest with him all at once.

I will keep firewatch daily as long as I am able Dear Reader.  You are always welcome at my fire.  Your welfare is always my concern.  I will not always communicate it the way you wish, but then again, I need love, grace, and mercy as much as anyone else.  For now, I must bank an ember and move along the path. 

After we travel a bit, I will strike another fire for us to fellowship around and you can tell me what you have learned along the way.  We can share our losses and victories.  We can talk through our difficulties and forgive each other.  The conversation can remind us of the love of the Father and that the journey possesses joy if we let it.  We still have a long way to go, Dear Reader.  I invite you to firewatch with me.

 I Sit Beside the Fire and Think – J.R.R. Tolkien – Performed by CamillasChoice

I sit beside the fire and think of all that I have seen,
Of meadow-flowers and butterflies in summers that have been
Of yellow leaves and gossamer in autumns that there were,
With morning mist and silver sun and wind upon my hair

I sit beside the fire and think of how the world will be
When winter comes without a spring that I shall ever see
For still there are so many things that I have never seen,
In every wood in every spring there is a different green

I sit beside the fire and think of people long ago,
Of people who will see a world that I shall never know
But all the while I sit and think of times there were before
I listen for returning feet and voices at the door

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   




No comments:

Post a Comment