20 June 2019

I Said All That… ~ YOLO


Greetings Dear Reader,

I have been following the journey of a dear friend as she traveled mountains and rivers.  She has found new adventures and great beauty in the world this past week.  Further, she has enriched my life by sharing it with me.  She reminded me, through her expressed joy, of something written in the seventeenth century by my favorite writer from that era.

"29. You never enjoy the world aright till the sea itself flows in your veins, till you are clothed with the heavens and crowned with the stars: and perceive yourself to be the sole heir of the whole world, and more than so, because humans are in it who are everyone sole heirs as well as you. Till you can sing and rejoice and delight in God, as misers do in gold, and kings in scepters, you never enjoy the world.” – Thomas Trahern, Centuries of Meditations – First Century

I will be headed west soon.  I will travel to places I have not been in decades.  I will see things my mind has long forgotten and connect with people I love.  The world is mine.  It is yours as well Dear Reader.   You only live once (YOLO).  We can find great beauty in the world if we take a beat to look for it.  We can see in that beauty the great power of creation and hear the message the Father has for us if we are willing. 

l am not asking you to believe in creation as an instant universe dropped from the fingertips of God.  I also am not saying that this is not how it happened.  I am asking that you see that the design of it all has a purpose.  There is no guesswork in the clockwork.  The same Father who offers us Grace, Mercy, and Kindness, offers the beautiful cosmos as a simple example of the beauty he sees in us.  He wants us to employ these things so that we can get a hint of what the world, the universe can be like. 

We are time travelers who have a single ticket on a limited journey.  We can only move in one direction.  We are headed for a place where Grace, Kindness, and Mercy win.  We are going somewhere where the beauty and sweetness of the universe will not be hindered by our shortsighted selfishness.  If you look around at those from whom you withhold Grace, Kindness, and Mercy, you will see your fellow travelers with whom you have to share the end of the journey.

I said all that to say this:  You only get this one chance to be someone who lives this way.  When all this is passed, there will be no more need for grace and mercy.  Kindness will be as common as hydrogen.  There is only today to employ the things that express that we understand the love we are given and asked to emulate.  We all are heirs if we choose to be so.  I choose to be with you and everyone Dear Reader.  I am willing to share the journey with you and we can enjoy the world properly together.  I do not need you to be just like me.  I wish to be good to you.  Shall we walk together and enjoy the view?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment