19 June 2019

I Said All That… ~ Kindness


Greetings Dear Reader,

As I move through these things, I consider what it takes to carry them daily into every interaction.  Grace and mercy are responses.  We choose to show them after something has happened.

Kindness is almost always proactive.  We put it out there as a message to others that we intend to be good to them.  We choose to lead with kindness in situations where it is common and in circumstances where it is not.  My desire is to be kind to everyone.

Ponder with me for a moment.  If we are required to be kind, tenderhearted, then what is a reasonable explanation for not being so as a default.   I wonder if we realize that we give ourselves default settings?  We choose how we are predisposed to situations.  We have things that “always” make us mad.  We have “pet peeves”.  We have default settings that tell us how we are going to treat others.

If we predispose our hearts to kindness, we will be kind and gentle.  It is not enough to be gentle.  One can be soft and sweet and not be kind.  It is possible to do good things and not be kind.  So, what then, distinguishes kindness?

Kindness is the act of helping others without prompting or gain.  It is having a warm and generous spirit that seeks the good of others in every situation.  It is an attitude that in every circumstance I am going to treat others with respect and seek to help where I can.  It is a default setting regarding how I view and treat my fellow travelers.

It does not matter what others are predisposed to in attitude and action.  I am required to be kind.  I am obligated to build this along with grace and mercy on a foundation of love.  It is not optional.  It is not allowed to be passive.  In the idealist part of my brain, I imagine a world where we actually ask the question, “How can I be kind to you today?”

I imagine what it would be like if we expressed love by acts of kindness to a degree that it became a default culture instead of a default setting.  When wielded in love, there are very few who can resist the relentless assault of selfless kindness.  It crushes that which would be selfish and self-serving.  It is left then to ask you, Dear Reader, how may I be kind to you today?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment