22 June 2019

I Said All That… ~ Closing Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I thought I was finished with this topic yesterday, but the boys in the basement had other ideas.  It is darkly humorous to me that when I focus on growing in an area, challenges to my determination appear to test my resolve.  This is exactly what happened yesterday.

I will not reveal the actual situation because I would have to say negative and unkind things about someone else.  I will say this, in an attempt to do something kind for someone I was treated to an hour of fending off attempts to engage in gossip and harsh talk about other humans.  This time could have been pleasant and forged a good memory.  Instead, there were repeated attempts to engage me in saying terrible things about others.  When I refused to participate, first passively then actively, the copperhead quips ensued. 

My own words written over the last week played over in my mind.  I tried to change the subject and focus on good things.  My companion was having none of it.  I switched to something neutral but the anger and bitterness had been summoned in the other person.  It was my obligation now to show love in the storm of this behavior.  What lasted only an hour seemed like days.  I left the encounter spent and battling my own anger.

I chose to spend a little time wandering and praying before returning to my abode.  I had an errand to run.  Being kind to clerks and cashiers always lifts my spirit, so I stooped at a store to complete my errand.  As is always the case, the Father provided for me.  As I entered the store, two dear friends who always transact with me in love were checking out at the store.  These two also understand me and the journey I have undertaken. 

The couple took a moment just to be there for me even though they were headed to something important to them.  The difference in the brief encounter compared to the hour of strife was amazing.  In just a few minutes their love, compassion, and kindness fed the streams of grace and mercy in me to diffuse my hurt and anger.  Their goodness served as antivenin to my wounds from the copperhead quips.  I left that encounter feeling much better. 

There is not always a warning when the serpents will strike.  There is, however, always the opportunity to love the copperhead.  There is always provision by the Father for recovery.  The entirety of our human interaction is intended to be based on love of others and love of the Father.  When we lease expect he will provide an oasis in our wilderness.  He will heal the wounds and comfort out sorrows.  We may not see it coming when we are in our distress, but it is there if we will embrace it, Dear Reader. 

I said all that to say this: Thank you, Dear Reader, for walking with me. I do love you. If you have encounters that damage you, I care about it. I will listen, pray, and be with you until the venom dissipates. Before you lose hope, let us go somewhere virtual or real and talk about it.

Somewhere Only We Know - Kacey Musgraves

I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river, and it made me complete

Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I’m getting old, and I need something to rely on
So tell me when you’re gonna let me in
I’m getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin

I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me.
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I’ve been dreaming of?

Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I’m getting old, and I need something to rely on.
So tell me when you’re gonna let me in.
I’m getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin.

And if you have a minute, why don’t we go,
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything.
So why don’t we go,
Somewhere only we know?

Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I’m getting old, and I need something to rely on.
So tell me when you’re gonna let me in?
I’m getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin.

And if you have a minute, why don’t we go,
Talk about it somewhere only we know?
This could be the end of everything
So why don’t we go?
So why don’t we go?

This could be the end of everything
So why don’t we go
Somewhere only we know
Somewhere only we know
Somewhere only we know?

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment