09 June 2019

Trending Now ~ Emoji Engaged


Greetings Dear Reader,

If you do not yet know what an Emoji is, you may wish to remain in the bliss of ignorance. 😊  An Emoji is “a small digital image or icon used to express an idea or emotion.” They are popular enough to get their own plush toys and even a very bad movie.  

I may use more Emoji (not “Emojis”) in this post than all the collective Emoji I have ever used.   For those who are baffled about the meanings of Emoji, there is an Emoji  Encyclopedia.  👍  One can insert them into one’s text by simply pressing the WIN and period keys at the same time.  This brings up a box with thousands of choices.  You may wish to consult the Emojipedia before going too crazy on this. 😁

So, what, you may ask does this have to do with following Jesus?  I am glad you asked even if you did not.   Even though it seems to be a simple playful thing it has value in communication.  It can bridge communication barriers.  I once had a conversation to give directions to someone who did not speak English using only Emoji.  😲  It proved useful to be able to help. 

Anything we can do to enhance our ability to help or communicate has great value.  💰  We can also benefit from the brevity of conversation when texting or using other messaging tools.    Emoji are also valuable in communicating emotion. 💖🤟  There is a danger of being misunderstood, so, again there is Emojipedia. 

I think my favorite Emoji are those that represent food.  Here is a message I received from a friend recently.  “Do you want to get 🍕 and 🍺, or would you rather get🍔 and 🍟 at 🔔🔔?  Can you 🚙?”  Were the bells unclear to you Dear Reader?  There is a great burger place here called Bell’s.  I am sure you understood the rest of this.  The point is that she was able to communicate more in a smaller space. 

I think that Emoji will have a long run at being a popular trend.  I use them rarely but will learn them so that I understand others.  There is great value for me in understanding what others communicate.  Your thoughts and insights always get my attention Dear Reader.  What do you think of Emoji?

This is not as deep as most of my thinking but it is also important.  Tomorrow I will return to deeper things.  For today, however, know that 🤟 and am thankful that you read my 📚.  

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

1 comment:

  1. It provides comprehensive knowledge of the subject. Everything written in this blog is close to satisfactory level. I am sure no one can raise any issue about all the information delivered here.https://forexgo.co

    ReplyDelete