12 June 2019

Trending Now ~ Meme - Me Me – Meme Me

Greetings Dear Reader,

I love a humorous meme and often find good food for thought in them.   I also find that they are used as stones so that others can hurl insults, hurt, and anger whilst hiding behind the wall of social media.  People I love will launch venomous attacks using humor that is trending across the social pages of our lives.

This psychological defense mechanism, hurling and hiding, is focused on expressing hurt, anger, anxiety, or outrage without having to deal with the consequences of that expression.  The meme is focused on the poster’s expression or social signal and not considering the negative impact on those who see it.  Or, worse, the individual realizes the impact and either does not care or wishes it to be thus.

The harsh or negative meme is about the individual.  It imparts feelings of cleverness or pride when posted.  When one becomes viral or even locally (as in recognized by your social media circle) popular, then the feelings of power and validation become stronger.  The trend toward negative memes is a clear signal of our frustration with the world and our self-centered way of dealing with it.  Memes are about me even when they are not.

If you disagree with this, I would ask you to ponder something, Dear Reader.   I would ask you to consider that negative or hateful memes break the hard deck of our journey.  You cannot create or redistribute hate of any kind in a loving way.  It does not matter how witty or clever the meme is crafted. 

When we celebrate causes or social issues of the day, then we are free to celebrate them with love.  It does not matter what your cause is, it is not celebration to attack, insult, or generalize negatively about your opposition.  It is a trend that only does harm to others and weakens one’s position.

I see clever memes often that attack and insult things that I think are wrong.  I have to check my heart when I find that I want to enjoy them or pass them on to friends.  What I need to do is reaffirm that I must not think that way.  I must love others with all that I am.  I must avoid insults and refuse to hurl and hide even from the relative anonymity of social media.  The memes that are trending now are not always good for us Dear Reader.  If I am going to make it about me, I want to make it about creating a better me.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   
This BLOG:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. After reading this blog, I would like to demand more articles again and again. I am feeling myself as satisfy by got to know these all such information which never came to my knowledge. Please writer more.https://forexgo.co

    ReplyDelete