24 June 2019

Fire Watch with Me ~ Reading


Greetings Dear Reader,

First, let me say that I am not going to launch into a lesson on the importance of reading.  I am not going to mention that it is how I strive to make my living and you could buy my books for yourself and your friends.  Well I guess in not mentioning it I have mentioned it and my backspace key and I are at odds at the moment.

I do want you to read, Dear Reader.  I want you to read my blog, my books, other good things so that you can have some new information and enjoyment in your life.  I also want you to know that if you are only going to read one thing, even you only read it once, I want you to read the Bible.  I am not asking you to believe it.  I am not asking you to obey it. 

What I want you to do is really read it.  You do not have to start in Genesis.  You can even start in the last third, the New Testament.  I would recommend the Gospel of John.  You will hear all kinds of things about the Bible.  Believing any of them without reading it is simply bad thinking.  Too often people tell me things about this book that are simply not true.  It is not going to hurt you and will perhaps benefit you to honestly look into it.  You can ask me all the questions you like.

For those of you who share my faith, this is a fire we must watch.  If we are not reading the Bible, we are not saturating our thinking with the things that guide us into truth.  I am not sure why we struggle with this so much.  I do know when I am too long out the discipline of reading, I feel the lack of nourishment to my mind and spirit.  That is enough for me to pursue it daily.

We cannot make our way through the journey without the sustenance of this unplumbable work.  The myths about the difficulty in understanding it and its failure to be relevant may distract. They are honest questions with real answers.  They must not detract from our honest attempt to hear what is said and weight it honestly in our minds and hearts.

Every fire needs tending.  This one is easy to kindle if we choose to try Dear Reader.  If you want a clue of what to look for, notice the occurrences the words “believe” and “love”.  The Father wants us to know that he loves us.  He wants us to believe and live by faith.  We can tend this fire together or endeavor at it on our own.  It is at this fire we can see the way to tend other fires.  Like love for each other and the Father, this foundational stone will take us far if we approach it with love and integrity.

Firewatch with me a bit Dear Reader.  Let us see what the Father has to say to us.  That is not the path we take on this writing but it is the roadmap to other fires we must tend.  It is part of the information we need to understand the way to go and how to follow.  Throw another log into the blaze and we can read together by its light.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment