08 June 2019

Trending Now ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

What’s the buzz?  Any news?  Did you hear about the new ap?  How do you inquire about what is trending in the world?  We want to know what is going on.  “You got to keep up to know what’s going down.” 

Our society is geared in many ways to chase whatever trend is at the peak of the news, entertainment, or our Twitter feed.  Information about what is new or popular is not bad.  It is the question about what is trending that captures my attention.  With so many things rushing at us to demand our time and attention, I must filter what gets in.  I must monitor which trends I choose to give my time and effort.

One of the requirements of following Christ is to be able to be accountable for all that I do.  It is to bring into captivity every thought so that they are focused on faith and following.  The point is to choose where I will focus and to know why I focus there.  It is my responsibility to control what I do with my time and attention relative to what has focus.

I am going to spend some time on some of the larger trends and determine what will be both my filter and my standard.  You are welcome in the conversation Dear Reader.  Your thoughts and questions will always trend with me.  Let us walk together a bit and sharpen our focus on what matters. 

Oh, and I realize that this song is very dated.  It is still worth a listen.  The title is always a link to the song in my blog.


Good Morning America glad to tune you in,
The days of our lives are playing around to the end
On the morning examine you find the price is right.
Your mid-day romance you’ll find on the edge of night.

And we’ll take a pause to tell you what you need
To get through the days of our lives and to succeed,
A pill for pain, some soap to clean you up,
A brand-new car, and some coffee to fill your cup.

But they won’t tell you what you need to know
That Jesus paid the price to save your soul.
TV keeps you strung out on the pleasures of this world,
While the radio keeps you hooked on rock ‘n roll.

I tell you now it don’t make no sense at all,
But it’s been that way ever since the fall
The powers of darkness trying to do you in
Driving you deeper and deeper into your sin

Now it’s time to turn on the evening news.
But I’d rather hear Muddy Waters sing the blues.
You gotta keep up to know what’s going down,
Who’s winning and losing; which side’s gaining ground.

A little bit later we’ll turn on some comic relief,
Something funny to make you show your teeth,
A fantasy island to help you get away,
A celebrity show to see what they got to say.

But you won’t find it on the Johnny Carson show,
And Norman Lear won’t put you in the know,
Archie Bunker will say goodbye when the season ends,
But Jesus will always be your friend.

I tell you there’s just one way to go;
Turn on your life and turn of the picture show
Stand in the love and the light of reality,
Accept him as Lord and he will make you free.

But you find it in the People Magazine
The Truth; the Life, the One who makes you clean
Charlie’s Angels cannot save you from the darkness in this world
Barnaby Jones, he cannot clue you in the know.

But they won’t tell you what you need to know
That Jesus paid the price to save your soul.
TV keeps you strung out on the pleasures of this world,
While the radio keeps you hooked on rock ‘n roll.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment