15 June 2019

I Said All That… ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

I was talking word count with my agent last week.  She mentioned that I should probably make a couple of stories in the book coming out in the fall longer if I could.  I mentioned that it was a collection of short stories.  She countered that I could add a couple.  I said that the idea of the book is that it is twelve Christmas stories.  She countered again that no one is going to get mad at me for giving them more.

It is the word count that got me thinking.  If I average 500 words per BLOG post and there are over 3,000 posts on this BLOG, that is over 1.5 million words (this estimate is low so as not to be exaggerated).  I suppose that it is time to take a look at what has evolved over fourteen years of facing a blank page.  For the last six years, I have not missed a day and it is part of my life that I treasure. 

There is a question begged by this constant conversation.  That is, “what is the point?”  I am not sure how many days it will take to get it out Dear Reader, but I intend to make one.  This is the first year that I have chosen to choose a central theme that is deeper than that overarching one of following Christ.  That is what I wish to be the focus in all that I do but I fall, flag, and fail at times.  Still, there is a grand theme of following in faith in and unfollowing world.

Still, since you have walked with me through one and half million words, I wanted to give you glimpse into what drives me.  I wanted to review clearly some of the things I am saying so that you can enjoy or endure my musings with clear understanding.  This may motivate your love or anger depending on the way in which you see things in the world.  I get as many agreements as disagreements.  I do not allow the hateful comments to go live.  I read them and respond to them, but disagreement and hatred need not be companions.

I said all that to say this:  Please walk with me and consider some of the things that are subtle or not so subtle subtext to this constant conversation who’s primary purpose is to make me a better man.  The goal is to openly analyze my life in the moment in hopes of making the next ones better.  If I can benefit you in the process that is a true blessing to me.  When comes to truth and following Christ, I truly believe in the concept of sauce for the goose.  As always, your thoughts and questions are welcome Dear Reader.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment