01 June 2019

A Stone Too Heavy to Hold ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

In the movie The Black Shield of Falworth, Tony Curtis embodies the role of an “orphan” who is the rightful king. There is a scene where he is being trained to fight and is made to hold a stone out at arm’s length to strengthen his sword arm.  I was young and determined to learn swordplay when I saw this movie.  I found a stone and determined to strengthen my arm.  I would stand arm outstretched holding the stone until I could no longer bear it.

It did make my arm stronger to a point.  It also taught me that holding a stone is difficult.  Feel free to try it.  It is a challenge and will teach you much about the weight of a small things over time.  That is exactly where we are headed.  We carry stones with us, always ready to hurl them.  They are stones we have chosen and hold them for the purpose of hurling at others.

For the purpose of this interaction, it does not matter if you follow Christ or not.  It ultimately matters, but for this, it will not change the truth of our discussion.  It is the stones we carry and why we carry them that I must ponder.

The purpose would be to cease carrying them so that we do not have them to hurl.  The weight of them harms us anyway.  The burden they present is unhealthy.  There is a word to ponder for a moment.  We choose to carry things that un-heal us.  We carry things that can put our wounds back.  I would prefer not to.

Since we are on a journey, extra weight must be taken into account.  Stones are heavy and we still choose to carry them.  Please walk with me as I try to lay aside some of my own stones.  Your thoughts are always helpful and valued. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment