23 June 2019

Fire Watch with Me ~ Opening Thoughts


Greetings Dear Reader,

When I was much younger, I did a great deal of tent camping.  Since I have never been much of a sleeper, I tended the fire at night and got it going in the morning.  One of my favorite things is a good fire with good friends.  My joy is doubled on chilly mornings when I have already resurrected a good fire from its embers and have the water rolling for coffee, tea, and hot chocolate whilst preparing breakfast.  I love watching others roll out of their bedrolls and seek the fire and food sizzling on the iron.  The gathering is a time of renewed greeting and the start of the next day’s journey.

On this journey, there are fires that need tending.   There is a cost to being the firewatcher.  In some way, we all have to pay that cost.  There are fires that each of us must watch individually.  We need to watch those fires alone at times.  Fortunately, there are ways that we can firewatch together.  There are places we can stand and a foundation that is sure.

I need to review some of those things to help me bear the burden and focus my walk.  These fires left unattended can cause weakness if faith, resolve, and power for the journey.  I invite you to firewatch with me as we pause to talk through the night over things that matter more than we realize.  Your company on the path and around the fire may be one of my favorite things about being a firewatcher Dear Reader.  I always enjoy providing warmth and welcome for you. 

Please share your thoughts and questions as we go and as we sit.  Your interactions cause me to think, refine, grow, and continue.  I am turning the corner on our main theme of love to that dangerous area of practical application.  My Grandfather, when doing this in a sermon would say, “It is time for me to quit preaching and get to meddling.”  No spark of truth we share can grow into a tended fire unless we find ways to practically apply that truth.  I will try never to let the fire grow too hot or uncontained, but it may shine its light on some things that we can tend together.  I will gather some wood and we can get started.  Meanwhile, a tune.

The Vigil – Kemper Crabb

Waiting for flame in eye of night, I am the fuel for your fire
Light calls ever unto light. Make me a fleshen pyre.
Touch my lips with the altering coal; leave your shining upon my soul.
Zion shall ever be my goal; Zion the telling of light.

Scanning the silence with inward ears; life is a listening.
Enfolded in echoes of timeless years; the Word comes whistling.
Build my being from your throat; meld my meaning with every note.
Wrap me round in an aural cloak, so I may truly hear.

Drawn towards destinies darkling kite, riven by reality
Riding the passion to terrible height, life upon death’s tree
Cause me to drink from the chalice of fire. Forge me anew in the heat of desire
Let me inhabit the holy empire and make war on the armies of night.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   




No comments:

Post a Comment