16 June 2019

I Said All That… ~ Copperhead Quips


Greetings Dear Reader,

We all know someone who is deft at the subtle but painful barb in conversation.  He or she will be talking merrily along and you are engaged in the palaver.  Then, without warning, the strike comes.  The pleasant moment is transformed into one where you are bitten and the poison is injected.

There are people I love dearly who do this regularly.  A recent example can refine my point.  I was having a nice conversation with someone about project Tortoise Shell with someone who should be supportive and loving.  The person seemed to be engaged in this very vein.  Then, I paused in my description of the motorhome that fits my needs and desire.  This person struck: “You won’t really do this.  You don’t have what it takes.  You won’t follow through.”

There was no thunderous warning like a rattlesnake.  There was only the instant strike of the copperhead.   The poison was there trying to kill my joy.  It put my dream on the knife-edge of doubt and tried to murder my heart for it.  I felt my pain and doubt try to surface.  Worse than a hemotoxin or neurotoxin, this form of spirit-toxin can kill dreams, aspirations, and goals.    

We are supposed to use the power of our words to build up each other.  We are supposed to be kind and loving.  Still, the world is filled with copperhead quips that poison dreams and destroy hope.  I must not engage in them and must find ways to fight the poison of spirit-toxin.  It is vital to be sure that my words are encouraging.  I am required to be good to you and never inject harm just because I can.

I said all that to say this Dear Reader:  If someone treats you this way, you do not have to believe, endure, and embrace it.  It might be hard but you are better than the copperhead quips of others.  I love you.  I believe in you.  Even if you are one of those who bite at me, I will love you and never do it back.  I know that some of you have copperheads in your life.  Remember that it is not you, biting is just their nature.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment