29 June 2019

Fire Watch with Me ~ The Solitary Watchfire


Greetings Dear Reader,

There are fires only we can tend.  They may be the same fires for each of us but the tending of them is solitary.  These watchfires are vital and we may be the only one aware of them.  They are necessary and yet rarely seen by anyone but God.

In this time of lonely watching, I find that I am not lonely most times.  The fire we tend alone together is prayer.  The task is to commune with the Father and rest in his care.  It is to deal honestly with my own failings and to beseech the care of those who do not know, the needs of others, and to intercede for the ailing.  This is a practice I have held for forty years but not until this past ten months have I spent so much time by this fire. 

Each morning it is easy to revive the embers and add fuel to the small light that is there.  The kindling catches quickly and the time flows through the glass carrying my words and thoughts with them.  My supplication and gratitude fill the hours.  I worship the one who made me and ask his mercy on those who do not see him.  I rehearse my dreams and needs with the Father allowing them to fine tune to the flicker of his flame. 

This fire provides embers for all the other fires we watch Dear Reader.  This fire can warm us on the coldest days.  It can give comforting light in the darkest night.  We can weep and laugh as needed.  Unlike most watchfires, we can carry its embers with us everywhere and silently draw on their heat when the world is cold toward us. 

We can share those embers with others in their need whether it be for joy or sorrow.  In truth, it is vital that we renew the supply of embers alone so that we have something to carry to the next place we stop.  This firewatch is to be part of every moment of our journey.  It is to be part of the whole that guides us along the path.  It takes us through each day and night.  This fire comforts us until we reach the clearing at the end of the path where it will no longer be needed.

I will firewatch with you when we are together and alone Dear Reader.  I will tend mine daily and give you all of it that I can share.  The embers I carry into the day are yours as you need them.  I will from time to time ask for one of yours.  Let us firewatch together alone as often as possible.  Our prayers are heard and our loving Father will move to meet our needs.  I have seen it in the light of the fire and of the day.  I will not doubt it.  If you do, I will try to have faith enough for both of us.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels on Amazon             
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Facebook        Google +    Twitter     
Medium   Instagram  Kids BLOG   

No comments:

Post a Comment