10 February 2021

On Prayer ~Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

The truth of prayer is that one must do it to understand it.  Logging time in conversation with the Father yields the comprehension of the power, purpose, and place of prayer in our lives.  It was not until I began to set aside the time and make the effort that I found the reality of prayer.  


I grew up without a Father so it has been difficult to allow God to Father me.  As I have worked through my lack of understanding, I have seen my need, my failures, and the grace that allows him to love me.   During that time that I have set aside for prayer, I can be whatever I need to be in order to work through my faith and following.  I can express any emotion, speak any desire, confess any failure, and they are all met with love. 

Even when I do not know what to say, I am comforted that the Holy Spirit knows my heart and speaks for me.  Prayer is so powerful that God makes provision to speak to himself on our behalf.  Ponder that when we pray, the Father, the Son, and the Spirit are all present and involved.  The Spirit, indwelling us understands and expresses our heart.  Then Jesus makes intercession for us because he has purchased us as his own.  The Father pours his love out, responding to us with what is needed to best draw us closer to him. 

The only way we become people who pray without ceasing; who have a constant conversation is by doing it.  The way that we find time to pray is to make time to pray.  Like reading our Bible, we do what we value.  My commitment is “no Bible, no breakfast.”  For prayer, it is striving to involve my interaction with the Father in every aspect of my day.  I set aside time for prayer in the morning as my focus.   I respond to things throughout the day with gratitude and love expressed to the Father.  I pray as I work with others to be what they need to see to embrace Christ.  

I have much more to learn about prayer, Dear Reader.  I know that I can grow in my understanding and application for it.  The devices and ideas I have provided in this series are meant to be suggestions and not rules.  Keep the meat and throw away the bones.  I would leave you with this final suggestion.  Jesus seems to want us to be persistent in prayer.  He tells us to ask, seek, and knock.  He says, “Ask and it shall be given to you.  Seek and you will find.  Knock and the door will be opened for you.”  Do you see that the first letter of each of those sentences spells out “ASK”?   

I talk to the Father about what I want and pursue it with an ear to his guidance.  My dreams and desires are a part of our conversation.  As I pray about them, I think more clearly, I put my heart more in tune with the Father’s, and I gain a better ability to obey what I hear.  I pray for you as well, Dear Reader.  As we move on to other things, let me know if this has helped you.  Thank you, Tina, for the suggestion.  It has been a blessing for me.  I will leave with this final proscribed prayer.  In it find all that I need to live well as a Christ-follower. 

Prayer of Saint Francis – Sarah McLachlan 

Lord, make me an instrument of Your peace;
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is error, the truth;
Where there is doubt, the faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
And where there is sadness, joy.

O Divine Master, Grant that I may not so much seek
To be consoled, as to console;
To be understood, as to understand;
To be loved as to love.

For it is in giving that we receive;
It is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are born
To eternal life.  Amen 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From
My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page: 
www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings:
aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive: 
http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

Why would we not constantly speak with the one who loves us the most?

No comments:

Post a Comment