22 February 2021

Running from Truth ~ Endurance

Greetings Dear Reader,

We have made running from this truth a downhill event.  There is little resistance to running from it and little visible consequence.  It may be that running from love is the most costly truth from which we flee.

As I often share with my friend Tripp, it ain’t easy.  It takes effort and choice to keep loving others.  It becomes easier as we practice defaulting to love day in and day out but we must build endurance.  We must choose to love as a default setting until it becomes one.  We must choose it even for those who make it an uphill battle.

We seem to choose to run from this truth because it does not serve our lower desires.  We want to embrace things that we think will satisfy and sacrifice love for the Father and each other in the process.  This is why friendships dissolve, marriages are abandoned, and enemies remain enemies.  At some point, we choose something over love.  We flee from the truth that love never fails.

People will try to sell the lie that love is not enough.  I submit that I cannot build anything of worth without love at the core of that construction.  Paul makes this clear when he is reminding us of the importance and preeminence of love.  If we do not apply love first to every situation, we are not obeying the two greatest commandments.

Love for others is a requirement for peace.  It is the fulcrum we use to wedge away hatred, anger, and bitterness.  It seems, however, that we are in a world-wide race away from this truth.  Since I began making the pursuit of love the foundation of all I do, I have seen that it is not easy.  The other thing I see is that when we succeed, we see how vastly in need of genuine love others are.

I constantly see places where I could show more love.  I find that as it becomes my habit to run toward this truth, I long for others to feel loved.  I desire to show love in any way that I can.  I still fail.  Those failures are the opportunity to learn how to love more accurately; how to run toward love more deliberately.

That is what it takes, Dear Reader.  We must love on purpose.   Every thought and action must be bathed in the idea that we want to transmit the love of Christ to others.  This is the truth from which we run when we hold on to anger, hurt, and bitterness.  This is the truth we dismiss when we collect wrongs and enemies.  The entire journey home is to be based on pursuing loving the Father with all that we are.  Then, we must love each other the way he loves us.  Anything else; anything less, is running from the truth. 

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 Fleeing from this truth can make everything weak.

No comments:

Post a Comment