14 February 2021

Second Thoughts ~ All the Lonely People

Happy Valentine’s Day Dear Reader,

I do not often talk about romance in this venue.  You may not know it but I am deeply in love with someone.  That is a one-way street as she has chosen to permanently it seems, friend-zone me.  I am not complaining or saying anything negative about her.


What I really want to address is a perspective on relationships that we do not hear enough.  I am not going to deny that we hurt over and hunger for love.  I know that loneliness and longing are real things that cause distress.   Since I am likely to spend the remainder of my life alone, I offer what I think is an answer that honors Christ and brings me peace.

I learned this lesson whilst dealing with another non-romantic relationship in my life.  Since I am powerless to and should not try to force others concerning relationships, I have had to let one that is dear to me grow cold.  I cannot fix it.  As I prayed my heart over this, it came to me clearly that I was missing a vital truth. 

If I need something, the Father provides for my needs.  We are supposed to depend on him for everything.  He promises to meet our needs in everything.  The conclusion of this thinking is that if I needed this relationship to be as I wish it, it would be that way.  This gives me so much peace on a day that has caused me pain for years.

I am a romantic, Dear Reader.  I love to love others.  Putting expectations on others or on God for what I want hinders that love.  If I am going to seek the Father first, I must be content where I am and love where and when I can.  We all need to be loved.  I am going to trust the Father to meet my need as he sees fit.  In that is love, grace, and peace.  That is the way home. 

Lonely People – America 

This is for all the lonely people
Thinkin' that life has passed them by
Don't give up until you drink from the silver cup
And ride that highway in the sky

This is for all the single people
Thinkin' that love has left them dry
Don't give up until you drink from the silver cup
You never know until you try

Well, I'm on my way
Yes, I'm back to stay
Well, I'm on my way back home
(Hit it)

This is for all the lonely people
Thinkin' that life has passed them by
Don't give up until you drink from the silver cup
Never take you down or never give you up
Never know until you try 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook
Twitter        
Medium
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 


If I needed it and God provides for all my needs, I would have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment