05 February 2021

On Prayer ~ Supplication

Greetings Dear Reader,

Yesterday I promised to expand on the idea of supplication.  Supplication is simply asking the Father for things about which we are concerned.  Remember that before we ask the Father for anything we must be in right relationship to him.

What I am going to present here is as simple as our acrostic from yesterday.  When I reach the supplication portion of my acrostic, I then use the hand as the prompts for my supplication guide.  I heard this first from my Grandfather.  I had forgotten about it until one of my professors mentioned it.   Here is a simple process for praying for the things we would request from the Father.

 Little Finger – It is our weakest finger so we pray for those who are ill or injured.

Ring Finger – We pray for our family.

Middle Finger – It is the tallest so we pray for our leaders in government and business.

Index Finger – We pray for those who point others to Jesus like pastors, missionaries, and those who serve in any ministry.

Thumb – Last, we pray for ourselves.

 As I said, this is simple.  It can also be lengthy.  I would dwell for a bit on how we pray for ourselves.  Since we are to love the Father with all of our heart, mind, soul, and strength, I begin with that part of me.  I ask that the Father give me a heart to love him and all he has created in the way he intends.  I request that he renew my mind so that my thoughts become aligned to his.  I ask that my soul lives in his realm and not in this world; filled with compassion, kindness, gentleness, and peace.  I ask that all my strength, which he provides be turned back to him for service.

So often, when we ask the Father for things it is material.  It is not wrong to ask for those things as long as it is not greed.  I have to winnow away the things I want that do not serve following Christ.  It is not wrong to want a thing as long as it is in line with all that we ask regarding loving the Father.  As we do this the material things we want become less important.  Most of the ones I still seek are focused on where I believe I am headed in my journey with Christ.

We must also remember that Jesus made it clear what we are to seek.  He reminds us that we are to seek first the Kingdom of God and God’s righteousness then, all the things we need will be given to us.  We can ask for anything that aligns with loving the Father.  That is where we will find the confidence to boldly approach the throne of grace when we ask in alignment with the Father’s heart.  I am not sure why he wishes for us to ask but I do know that he listens.

Wishing you joy in the journey,

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good.

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:

#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

 

Jesus asks that we ask, seek, and knock.

No comments:

Post a Comment