06 August 2021

Benediction ~ And Love Enemies

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I realize I talk about the importance of loving everyone, including our enemies all the time.   A couple of things jumped out at me as I pondered this last line of the verse under consideration.  Remember we are discussing the song Benediction by Josh Garrels. 

The first is the thought of the work of our hands being a source of forgiveness for my enemies.  If I am going to write daily about following Christ in my journey home, I must make forgiveness through love a regular touchstone of the discussion.  Any work we do must have a clear message of forgiveness and restoration.  It means I do not get offended.  It requires me to work in grace and mercy at all times.  

I often tell people just getting to know me I am easy to embarrass and difficult to offend.  This was not always true but it is vital to our journey home.  It is refusing to take up offenses simply because they are thrown at our feet that helps bring us peace.  We can more readily make peace with others when we are not offended.  Making peace is the way to see God. 

Further, loving my enemies is how I destroy them.  It was my Son, Maxim who once referred to love as “barrier crushing.”  If I love someone like the Father loves him or her, they do not remain my enemy.  If I love someone, they are no longer an enemy and, therefore, destroyed as an enemy.  If the person still claims to be my enemy, it is their concern and not mine.  

We live in a society expert in collecting enemies.  I want to be profoundly good at loving everyone and collecting only the enemies needing love.  It is our enemies who need love the most.  We can emulate the Father who shows his love by loving us when we are his enemies and redeeming us. 

The work of my hands must show love to those who oppose me, Dear Reader.  In all the world there is no stronger power than love.  I have learned much about loving those who are considered evil in my preparation and writing The Judas Scroll.  I want to hone this skill every moment for life.  I know I can be more loving if I focus on it.  I know my writing can produce more moments of forgiving, redeeming love if I try.  That is work worth doing. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon            
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

The work we do must love our enemies.

No comments:

Post a Comment