28 August 2021

The Chosen ~ “I AM He” S01E08

Greetings Dear Reader, 

There will be spoilers.  This is your only warning.  This BLOG series will walk through each episode of the first two seasons of the amazing show The Chosen available free to watch at the link.  If you have not seen it, I encourage you to do so.  It is by far the best adaptation of the Gospels to film I have ever encountered. 

I love the opening of this episode featuring Jacob and his sons digging the well.  It foreshadows the later involvement of Photina but also sets the tone of the Father’s provision.  When I wrote The Judas Scroll, I did not know The Chosen would include her story.  She figures importantly in both my newest novel out this November and in A Thieves’ Tale slated for next year.  This is not just shameless advertising.  I think we underestimate the value of her story. 

We are all Photina.  We have all wandered too long in places barren of joy and peace.  Our sins are what exile us from others.  It is a different kind of isolation for each of us.  My failures cost me a career, a family, and many friends.  Jesus was kind and patient with me until I was ready to understand “all I had ever done.”  Still, there are consequences even in the midst of forgiveness.  The Father has no obligation to heal the consequences of our failures.  This is why we also still ask for mercy. 

The Samaritans, outcasts to the people of Judea, are loved by Jesus.  He uses Photina’s story to launch his communication with them.  He transforms her story into one of redemption.  He does this for us all if we will let him.  My life application is obvious here. 

I want my failures and my successes to be used to help others see Jesus.  Ask me and I will tell you what I have done needing redemption.  I shared the story with some dear friends last night.  It reminded me how much grace and mercy I have been given; how much I am obligated to give others. 

We all need redemption, Dear Reader.  Jesus simply asks us to have faith in what he offers.  He has no desire to judge or condemn even though he would be right in doing so.  Instead, he offers us living water, quenching our thirst forever.  It is really about belief in the mind and the heart.  It is about knowing what we have done and still finding grace, mercy, and forgiveness.  As we close season one, we are left with hope our faith will make us whole even in light of everything we have ever done.  It is not about theologies and doctrines.  It is about love for the Father, redemption through the Son by faith, and being guided Home by the Spirit.  

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

“Soon it will be about the heart and the mind.”

No comments:

Post a Comment