18 August 2021

Work and Worship ~ Closing Thoughts

Greetings Dear Reader, 

I realize this is a short sprint of thoughts but my journey calls me to other ponderings, musings, and palavers.  Still, I have an idea of how to be sure I treat my work as worship.  There are a few things getting me in the right frame of mind. 


The initial foundation remains the same.  I am to love the Father with all I am.  This applies to my work perhaps more than many other areas.  I trade life for work to make a living.  The idea is one of those vital ones.  If I am going to trade huge chunks of the life given me by the Father, I had best give it my all out of love for him. 

As a writer, I love what I do in the big picture.  This and the idea of writing out of my love for the Father makes it easier to give it my all.  It also takes discipline and investment.  I face the blank page every day without fail.  I have done this for over 3000 days.  Doing what I love to show my love to the Father is a great blessing. 

What this also requires is for me to see work as worship.   Doing my work with my whole heart for the Father is an act of worship.  I need to honestly say it is not always easy.  Some days I struggle to get out the first five hundred words for this BLOG.   Then there is the rest of it:  Novels, Short Stories, Poems, and Articles.  Add to this editing, recording my Podcast, and marketing and the discipline of organization are also required.  It would be great if I could relegate those last bits to others but I am not free to do it yet.  

The point is for me to approach all of this as the opportunity to worship the Father with the work of my mind and hands.  Because I am passionate about it, my heart is engaged as well.  For example, I was weary this morning but one of my posts had over fifty comments and this both energized and encouraged me.  Again, I express my gratitude to the Father as part of my worship in my work. 

Whatever I do needs to have this heart in it.  Whatever I use my life for should be an act of worship, Dear Reader.  Each of the moments of my life belongs to the Father.  He allows me to use them as I wish.  In my attempt to follow Christ, I long to give each moment back to him.  I long to love the Father with all I am as I work.  Even when I do the unpleasant parts of my work, I find it easier when I use this approach. 

Tomorrow I will begin a new series of posts in an attempt to gain some practical application out of a TV show.  This thunderstruck me as I was preparing marketing for my new novel, The Judas Scroll, due out in early November.  I hope you will join me.  I promise it will be fun. 

Wishing you joy in the journey, 

Aramis Thorn
Mat 13:52 So Jesus said to them, "That is why every writer who has become a disciple of Christ’s rule of the universe is like a homeowner. He liberally hands out new and old things from his great treasure store.”
(͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) 

Every human story is part of the great story that leads to the Father getting everything back to Good. 

Contacts for Aramis Thorn:
#aramisthorn
Support Page on Patreon: www.patreon.com/aramisthorn
Novels: From My Publisher or on Amazon
Web Page:  www.aramisthorn.com
Bookings: aramisthorn@aramisthorn.com
Facebook     
Twitter        
Medium         
Instagram 
BLOG Archive:  http://aramisthorn.blogspot.com/ 

If I do not treat work as worship there is dissonance.

No comments:

Post a Comment